Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with auto loan in Fort Worth, Texas

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with auto loan in Fort Worth, Texas

Hey MyFico.  I'm trying to help my friend during her first car buying experience.  I got the car purchase and backend adds part down.  I just need help with a low APR 72 month auto loan.  What banks or CUs would you recommend in the Fort Worth, TX area.  Her credit profile is fairly slim with three credit cards and a total limit of approximately $15,000.  Usage is around 5%.  And her credit score is anywhere from 699 (Exp V8 verified today) to 730 (Credit Karma).  Help with a low interest 72 month auto loan would be much appreciated.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help with auto loan in Fort Worth, Texas

Have you tried any of the local credit unions? They usually offer better rates than the large banks.

Message 2 of 6
JTC-137
Regular Contributor

+1 to the credit union suggestion. EECU and Texas Trust CU are good. Ft Worth Community CU has rates in the 3’s up to 84 mo on 2018-2020 models. There’s locations in Arlington, Bedford, and south ft worth/Benbrook area. Navy federal, if eligible, and Penfed are solid on auto loans too. IME credit unions have always offered the lowest rates, and I think your friend will get their best rate at a CU as well.
Message 3 of 6
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I’ve had 3 different loans with EECU. They are very friendly and easy to work with

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m just not a fan of EECU, I have a loan with them for my business and that’s pretty much it. I also have membership at Fort Worth Community Credit Union but was declined credit card with a FICO 9 738.

I would go with RBFCU

Message 5 of 6
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Texas Trust or EECU. Both have great rates. My recommendation would be Texas Trust and maybe refinance with EECU. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.