Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help

tag
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help

Oh okay, so that's a 5% util. Your negative balance doesn't cancel out lol. I wouldn't even worry about paying off the 380 whatever if you have no interest. It won't change a thing either way.

I think you'll be approved easily and  like I said it should really be <3%. Consider a local CU/bank/DCU first since it's only one inq. Let me know how you like that car by the way, I like the redesign. Just the IIHS small overlap crash test scares me a little on how Toyota could be stupid enough to not make sure it'd get a Good score. Regardless, I don't think you need to worry too much about it, it's a VERY hard test esp. for compact cars.

When you buy be careful about stuff like dealer warranty, paint protector, and GAP. I never personally buy them. But if you do, definitely ask your car insr. co. what they charge for GAP. Recently dealer wanted 300 (after I negotiated) and friend's car insr. co asked for $1/month. The $1 isn't a typo by the way. You can guess what I recommended my friend to do haha.

Message 11 of 28
Hamze

I see awesome well I have it planned to go apply for a loan on March 28 because I get my first commission check so it will help my income. I will definitely try a small bank first I wanted to try keen schools because they have a first car loan. Do you recommend any other bank ? And hopefully I get 3% because I was preparing for 6 or 7
Message 12 of 28
Hamze

Oh snap $1 that is awesome I will definitely ask!
Message 13 of 28
Remember0
Valued Contributor

My recommendation is always DCU haha, but I don't know how comfortable they are with stipend income though. I'd only apply to 1 of these (honestly, your local bank's first time buyer program is fine, though you may not qualify because you have a auto loan on your credit...I'm sure telling them the situation (co-signed) will solve the problem, ask them about it).

Don't apply to more than 1 imo. You don't want your FICO to decrease from inquiries because you should really qualify for 1.9% for 60 months with Toyota through the dealer. At least in my region, the promo rate for TFS is 1.9% for 60 months on the Corolla ( http://www.toyota.com/local-specials/#!/series/corolla/year/2014/incentiveid/74957 ). TFS also uses auto enhanced, so that will help you a lot since you have a good auto loan. I almost am sure you'll be above TIer I for TFS.

Message 14 of 28
Hamze

I see well I will ask kern schools about that and if they don't count it then should I just go to the dealership right away or no?
Message 15 of 28
Hamze

But hopefully I do fingers crossed!
Message 16 of 28
Remember0
Valued Contributor

I mean you can just go to the dealership...just negotiate the price by email first. And then when you go there make sure you get the promo rate.

But your case isn't AS clear cut as my friend's (800+ FICO, full time job, mortgage, the whole bunch). So I'd say if keene won't take your stipend or doesn't count you as part of the first time auto thing, find ONE local bank/CU that does if you can? I think if you can find ONE you're in a better spot for negotiating rate if the dealer tries to screw you. Don't go applying everywhere. Ask before applying to chat with a loan person at the local bank/cu imo.

Then again, if you are strong enough to walk away if the APR is > 3% by stating you'll be back after looking into the financing, I don't think straight to dealer has too much of a chance of hurting (unless they go crazy on the inquiries and that brings down your score).

Message 17 of 28
Hamze

Because I contacted the toyota guy and he said he couldn't take the financial aid should I just apply online and then go to a different dealership if I try to go to the toyota dealership? And I see what you're saying I will definitely try that.
Message 18 of 28
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Oh well that's disappointing. Don't just apply online to toyota, that won't really help. Who exactly did you speak to at toyota? The dealership's finance manager?

Did you mention that that income comes directly to your bank account and is on your tax forms and taxed?

Message 19 of 28
Hamze

Yeah the manger said no because I was not going to be in school for as long as my car loan but I didn't mention it was taxed or anything I can call him back and ask. So maybe I can call and ask a different toyota dealership maybe too?
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.