Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG! Bought a Lemon Buyback!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG! Bought a Lemon Buyback!

I posted earlier today about refi my Capital One car loan that is at 12.95%. So, I got approved with Wells Fargo for a refi at 7%. Just as soon as I did a happy dance, Wells Fargo called me to inform me they could not refi my car because it was a Lemon Buyback once they ran the VIN. I also went to Carfax and ordered a report and see the same thing. I had no idea at the time of purchase and even saw the Carfax report that was clean. I can't belive this! After doing some research on Lemon Laws in AZ it looks like the dealer was deceptive. Anyone have any insight or experience with this? The car is a 2005 BMW 325i
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG! Bought a Lemon Buyback!

First, if you are in AZ, what dealership did you get the car from, are you in Phoenix or Tucson? How long ago did you purchase the car. If this was a franchise dealership, I.E. a BMW of Scottsdale, Don Mackey BMW (Tucson), then you can go back there and talk to the manager and show him the report and explain your situation. If that gets you nowhere, I would call BBB and file a lawsuit in small claims court for fraudulent sale and whatever else you can stick on to that, maybe call a few lawyers in your area and ask for a free consultation. Finally, call local newspaper and or tv station (KGUN 9) in Tucson actually has a department dedicated to stuff like this called KGUN 9 On Your Side. But I am sure if you are in Phoenix they too wil have something like this. Tell them the story and try to coerce them into doing an interview (this will work even better if the dealership tells you its your fault) Local news companies love scandals like this. Finally, you can try to find a way to get a hold of BMW USA and chat with or email someone there regarding the situation and complain on that specific dealership, alse threaten lawsuit and going public. In this HORRIBLE auto market no Dealership/Auto Maker can afford to have even the slightest bad publicity. Hope this helps.
Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
bott6698
Established Contributor

I feel for ya that is messed up. So the dealer showed you a false car fax report? Also makes us realize how impotant car fax can really be. I am sorry to hear this happened to you. You should easily have a lawsuit on this. Hopefully someone will chime in that is familiar with this...
10/11/2017 EQ 640 TU 639 EX 652 12/10/2016 EQ 621 TU 607 EX 626 10/10/16 EQ566 TU591 EX 587
01/31/2008 EX 502 EQ 466 TU 481
3/14/2008 EX 578 EQ 539 TU 543
4/16/2008 EX 622 EQ 532 TU 578
5/19/2008 EX 604 EQ 591 TU 592
1/1/2009 EQ 625 EX 576 TU 569
02/13/2009 EQ 648 EX 617 TU 590
09/28/2009 EQ 568 TU 591
Thanks to all Fico supporters for your encouragement and advice
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, if you are in AZ, what dealership did you get the car from, are you in Phoenix or Tucson? How long ago did you purchase the car. If this was a franchise dealership, I.E. a BMW of Scottsdale, Don Mackey BMW (Tucson), then you can go back there and talk to the manager and show him the report and explain your situation. If that gets you nowhere, I would call BBB and file a lawsuit in small claims court for fraudulent sale and whatever else you can stick on to that, maybe call a few lawyers in your area and ask for a free consultation. Finally, call local newspaper and or tv station (KGUN 9) in Tucson actually has a department dedicated to stuff like this called KGUN 9 On Your Side. But I am sure if you are in Phoenix they too wil have something like this. Tell them the story and try to coerce them into doing an interview (this will work even better if the dealership tells you its your fault) Local news companies love scandals like this. Finally, you can try to find a way to get a hold of BMW USA and chat with or email someone there regarding the situation and complain on that specific dealership, alse threaten lawsuit and going public. In this HORRIBLE auto market no Dealership/Auto Maker can afford to have even the slightest bad publicity. Hope this helps.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, check your paperwork and see if maybe they were stupid enough to include the false Carfax report in your paperwork, that will give you 100% chance of winning lawsuit, and grounds for them to have to give you full purchase price of car + any interest that you had paid to date back, or replace car with one of equal or greater value (without having to pay difference). Or you can prolly get a cash settlement from them.
Message 4 of 8
clocktick
Valued Contributor

This should help you:

http://www.is-it-a-lemon.com/Arizona/index.htm

Sorry that happened to you.  Have you thoroughly looked through your paperwork?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the responses! I bought the car in Scottsdale, AZ at a used car dealer, not the BMW dealer.This dealer has hundreds of BMWs in stock. I consulted with a lawyer today and it looks like I have a strong case of fraud and possibly other charges. By law, the dealer must disclose the car is a Lemon Buyback and you have to sign off on the paper.I never saw or signed it. I also found numerous complaints about them online and with BBB. Lesson learned for me, hopefully justice will be served! They sold me a car for 25k that they bought at an auction for probably around 5k.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

you bought a 2005 325I for $25,000?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that was the end price with tax and upgraded wheels. It was in 2007 and the car only had 20K miles with premium package.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.