Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Repo Auto Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed Repo Auto Loan

So I have a dilemma. Wondering what I should do. My husband now has a auto loan with penfed which was repossed a few days ago. The catch of it is the loan was before our marriage. I have tried the last 2 days to pay the note off in full myself even though it is not under my name. I have had the run around the last 2 days in trying to do so while the car has been sitting on a lot. My question is I requested for the documents stating loan is paid in full and car inspected prior to me signing over the money to them. ( Guarantee that the car was still in same condition it had left in) I understand its a repossed vehicle, but it's husbands loan prior to marriage and seeing as Im paying the note off shouldnt the vehicle ownership transfer to myself and I get documents to state such with a guarantee of vehicles condition prior to handing over the money? Please let me know because to some 15k isnt much but to me it is and this will be a 2nd time I handed over a check and the first time I did didnt go so well with penfed.... They wanted me to pay the loan off and hand the vehicle over a couple of days later after check cleared (mind you its a cashiers check as good as cash) I was anxious about paying for something and getting the vehicle back and for some god forsaken mishap there was something done to the vehicle. Wouldnt I be out of luck seeing as vehicle was technically then owned by me but not in my possession due to being still in penfeds possession. I just don't trust Penfed from the first time I handed over a check. Any advice would help 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed Repo Auto Loan

If I were in your position, I would offer to get payments caught up first, plus the next two months of payments, inspect vehicle for damages, if any, then pay off vehicle if everything checks out.  In the event that there is damage to said vehicle, I would file an insurance claim again Penfed. Hope it works out for you, because obviously you're a good wife. Lucky man.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Typo in post... "against Penfed."

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I had received your response before I paid off the loan.... Unfortunately Penfed was all to quick to take the money send the release form to the Repo company. Sadly I still have yet recieved the car back. I think me wanting to get over this bump I may have acted to hastily. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worry not. I believe good karma is on your side, and the vehicle will be fine and undamaged. Keep in mind that it is never too late to file an insurance claim for damages against the perpetrators (Penfed/Repo Company).

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great at least I know I am able to in event there is damages. Thank you for the info greatly appreciated. Best wishes for you.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.