Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preapproval auto loan and tax returns?

tag
mystian
New Visitor

Preapproval auto loan and tax returns?

I need a new or used car. My FICO is roughly 660 mostly due to higher card balances as I renovated home with credit cards and need to get an equity line to take out cards. and I earn about $160,000 a year. I would like to use Bank or CU but I'm curious what info they need? I can provide pay vouchers, W2s, but I don't have 2018 tax filed yet. Do they need tax returns?  I have a lawyer putting together my 2018 and 2019 now so I can get a home equity line. I have about $250k in equity.  Chicken and egg question, because Coronavirus is tying up my tax return preparation and I need car ASAP. 

Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Preapproval auto loan and tax returns?

2018 or 2019?!    Typically you don't have to if you have the most recent pay information (typically anywhere from 1-3 months ((Some ask for 6+)) along with proof of residency and a valid license that is the best way to start.     If you own a business you will need this year and typically last year 1099 PLUS 6 months bank statements typically along with most recent details.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Preapproval auto loan and tax returns?

I've never been asked for tax returns, and I've bought 5 now. The last two didn't even ask for proof of income. They literally only asked for my driver's license. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.