Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of Income?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Proof of Income?

I'm currently helping a friend who is new to credit, get an auto loan.  He started with a CK score in the mid 500 range, and is now showing a CK score of 675.  We are going to be pulling all three reports and scores from My Fico tomorrow, to get a better picture.  He has no bad credit, and only 2 credit cards which I had him get about 6 months ago.  Both from Capital One.  One with a $500CL, the other started at $300 and received an auto CLI to $3100 (YAY!).

My question here is.  He works for his dad as a brick layer.  He receives a 1099.  His checks come in the form of hand written personal checks, so there is no check stub.  Would the cancelled checks and bank stubs be sufficient as proof of income for an auto loan?  I've never really known anyone who gets paid that way...so, I'm not real sure how to approach it to get the best possible outcome.  

Any advice would be most appreciated.  Thank you!

Edit:  They are hand written personal checks, but from a business account (so they are missing hourly pay, hours, etc).

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
EddieK
Established Contributor

Re: Proof of Income?

Most likely will have to provide a copy of his most recent 1099 form.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 2 of 6
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Does he have a bank account? He can show bank deposits and they will usually accept that.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dj4Money wrote:

Does he have a bank account? He can show bank deposits and they will usually accept that.

He does.  To be on the safe side I'll just have him bring a bank statement a his last 1099.  Thanks for the input!!

Message 4 of 6
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dj4Money wrote:

He does.  To be on the safe side I'll just have him bring a bank statement a his last 1099.  Thanks for the input!!

Have him bring 3 months of bank statements and his last years 1099 just to be safe

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what he brought, as it turns out he didn't need any of it.  Got approved through a credit union at 4.49% with payments lower than he wanted and on a brand new car!  He only had to show proof of residence.  A good day, indeed...I was proud!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.