Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about tax, title, fees .. new buyer

tag
Sabrian31487
Regular Contributor

Question about tax, title, fees .. new buyer

Good evening,

I was just Conventionally approved by Penfed for 2.99 so i am definately looking to get a car with that. My question is do the Tax, title, and all other fees get included in with the final sales price or do i have to do anything else after purchasing the car. Sorry for the newbie question but just wondering what i do after giving the dealers the check from penfed and driving off the lot. 

Thanks

Discover IT 02/2013 (1000.00),Chase Freedom 02/2013 (3000.00),AmEx Blue Cash Everyday 06/2013 (3000.00)
Citi Simplicity 06/2013 (1000.00)
TU FICO - 718 , CK TU - 738 , Credit.com EX - 727, Quizzle.com - 720, CreditSesame.com - 720

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about tax, title, fees .. new buyer

Tax, title and licensing are on top of the price of the car (Sticker, MSRP, whatever).  

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sabrian31487 wrote:

Good evening,

I was just Conventionally approved by Penfed for 2.99 so i am definately looking to get a car with that. My question is do the Tax, title, and all other fees get included in with the final sales price or do i have to do anything else after purchasing the car. Sorry for the newbie question but just wondering what i do after giving the dealers the check from penfed and driving off the lot. 

Thanks

Almost all dealers will charge and collect from you all the necessary fees to process your tag and title work.  They take care of all that for you so that they can ensure that that the paperwork is done properly and that the lien for the card is processed on the title.  So yes, all those fees are typically included in the final amount due to the dealer.  You shouldn't have to do anything after driving off the lot.

Message 3 of 4
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.