Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinance advice

tag
spartantx117
Contributor

Refinance advice

i took out a loan with Chrysler Capital in August of last year for a new truck. I have roughly 24500 on the loan left. It was financed for 75 months and at 4.5%. I have been thinking about refinancing. I don't want to add any length to the loan in fact I'd like to possibly shorten it a bit. But was wondering what my chances were for a lower interest rate. I don't feel what I have is bad but am wondering if I could do better with it. My scores are between 740 and 785 between the three bureaus. Thanks

-------9000-------------9000-------------4000-------------2600-------------1800AU-----------800-------------3200------------18000-------------20000-------

Barclaycard FICO 754
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Refinance advice

@spartantx117 wrote:

i took out a loan with Chrysler Capital in August of last year for a new truck. I have roughly 24500 on the loan left. It was financed for 75 months and at 4.5%. I have been thinking about refinancing. I don't want to add any length to the loan in fact I'd like to possibly shorten it a bit. But was wondering what my chances were for a lower interest rate. I don't feel what I have is bad but am wondering if I could do better with it. My scores are between 740 and 785 between the three bureaus. Thanks

Make friends with a CU: local one with good rates or DCU or possibly others would do.  Lot of 2% offers around at the moment and some are underwriting reportedlly at 675 Beacon 5 score which you're probably over regardless if those are your FICO 8 scores.

        
Message 2 of 5
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

You stand a great chance to get a way better rate. Especially if you reduce the term. Most lenders will give better rates with a shorter term. The only concern is how upside down you might be on the loan. Only because you're term was so long. You might need to bring down the principle balance depending on what your vehicle is currently worth.

Message 3 of 5
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

What is the book value of the truck?  With your scores you can get 1.99 for up to 65 months with DCU if your not upside down.

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 4 of 5
spartantx117
Contributor

Book Value is right at 30000. I owe 24200 on it. 

-------9000-------------9000-------------4000-------------2600-------------1800AU-----------800-------------3200------------18000-------------20000-------

Barclaycard FICO 754
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.