Did you mean: 

Repossession and Balance Due

tag
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: Repossession and Balance Due

@Anonymous wrote:

Board,

I have read through previous post and I think I understand the process and the after math.  If your car is repossessed voluntarily or voluntarily, it will show up on your credit as a repo and stay on for 7.5 yrs.  You will beresponsible for the remainder or what is left after the car is sold at an auction.   Is this correct?

I read that your score wont change and the repo wont fall off your credit even if you make payments on the amount, is this true?  What happens if you do not pay on the amount at all, will it fall off   (disappear) along with the repo report on your credit in 7 yrs? 

I am dealing with Capital One Auto Finance and it is looking like I will have a $45K debt after Auction.  They are not willing to negotiate at all and I'm just trying to do whats best for me.  Any suggestions?

Anyone with experiencedealing with Capital One?  Will they try to garnish my wages?  I have nothing in my name and my credit was perfect before the economic downturn.  Do I have a chance to recover?  Im thinking I can survive horrible credit for 7 yrs if I can save paying $45K.  But i dont want to eb hit having to pay it back and still hae horrible credit.  Advice anyone?

I bought the vehicle with thoughts of my new business venture taking off and it failed withthe market?  Can a lawyer help me get this reduced with this story?  I have not had a change of employment since this happened...so any story I go with will be unofficial, so is there any situation besides losing my job that will help?  I recently short sold my house, do you think any court will have mercy?

May I ask what did you Finance? 45k after Auction?
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Repossession and Balance Due

Hi there,

I have read through not all but several of your comments. Here is my story. I had lost my job and my husband lost his job also with in the same hour on the same day. We were devastated to say the least. We had two car payments, house, credit cards and several other bills. Oh what to do. I went out and found a job right away, which helped some. My husband however held out for a year and a half. We survived on our retirement that we both put away for the last twenty years. We used this money, paying off several bills and a vehicle too. I still have the one car payment. We are just now getting use to the lower income. With hind site, I would say only get one car at a time pay off one then get another. If you are in need of money, one option would be to cash out a retirement  but be a wear that you will pay  finds and taxes, take the taxes out at the same time you take out your retirement. Another option is try for a grant. The government gives away money to people in need. You have to research this. Another option is get two jobs. Waiter at a restaurants on the weekend may make you lost of money. Just  depends where you work. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.