Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent payment to a closed toyota financial account

tag
Angelfish
New Visitor

Sent payment to a closed toyota financial account

So my son comes to me and says he is $2800 behind on his TF account.  After a very long discussion on financial responsibities and how he has now screwed his credit I agreed to do a one time bailout and sent them a check for a little over $2800.  Turns out the account was now closed.  The check has been cashed.  My question is can they accept payment on closed accounts or should I be receiving a refund?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: Sent payment to a closed toyota financial account

@Angelfish wrote:

So my son comes to me and says he is $2800 behind on his TF account.  After a very long discussion on financial responsibities and how he has now screwed his credit I agreed to do a one time bailout and sent them a check for a little over $2800.  Turns out the account was now closed.  The check has been cashed.  My question is can they accept payment on closed accounts or should I be receiving a refund?  Thanks!

Unfortunately just because an account is closed doesn't make the debt go away (ever) and many lenders will continue to accept payments on closed accounts (sometimes even years later). Hopefully they have reported it accurately as paid in full and closed and he can now let time heal his credit rating.  

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.