Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I refinance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I refinance?

So when I bought my car about three months ago I wasn't able to get the loan under my name, and it was cheaper to insure the car under my dad's name so we put him as the primary on the loan and me as the cosigner. On my Capital One credit tracker the loan shows up but doesn't say whether I am the primary or cosigner. I was just wondering if it would benefit my credit more if I refinanced it into my name rather then paying it off as the cosigner? I should probably also mention that this is my first installment loan

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Should I refinance?

In my opinion you'll be just fine as the cosigner. I don't think it will be that much more benefit being only signer versus cosigner. But again, only my opinion.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I refinance?

@SamsungHDTV wrote:

In my opinion you'll be just fine as the cosigner. I don't think it will be that much more benefit being only signer versus cosigner. But again, only my opinion.

Based on your signature I assume you know what you're talking about lol. Thank you, I appretiate your opinion

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.