Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shouldn't this be one pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shouldn't this be one pull?

Bought a new Jeep about a month ago... was reviewing CreditKarma and noticed it ran as two pulls. I was upfront with wanting to finance through Chrysler Capital. One is for Chrysler Capital (says Finance) and the other is from the dealer (says Automotive). Will these still only count as one in the future? Or do I need to contact someone? Normally I wouldn't care, but am looking to refi it in a few months and get an apartment within the next 6 months so I want to keep the hard pulls to a minimum. 

Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
stw715
Regular Contributor

Re: Shouldn't this be one pull?

Those may count toward "credit scores" as one inquiry, but will list on "credit reports" individually.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The majority of dealerships will do a HP just to verify you are who you say you are.   The dealership I went through did the same thing when I told them to only run Capital One and they said they do their own pull as a verification. 
As far as scoring, it will be lumped in with the other pull.

Message 3 of 6
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Bought a new Jeep about a month ago... was reviewing CreditKarma and noticed it ran as two pulls. I was upfront with wanting to finance through Chrysler Capital. One is for Chrysler Capital (says Finance) and the other is from the dealer (says Automotive). Will these still only count as one in the future? Or do I need to contact someone? Normally I wouldn't care, but am looking to refi it in a few months and get an apartment within the next 6 months so I want to keep the hard pulls to a minimum. 

Thanks!!!

It depends as others have said.

2 pulls auto, plus 1 more refi, and another in an apartment I would not worry too much about. 4 inquiries are fine.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, thanks for the help everyone. I appreciate the expertise!!! 

Message 5 of 6
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Same thing happened to me with chase and Mazda. Dealer pulled ex/EQ, hour later chase pulled ex/eq

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.