Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To apply or not apply

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

To apply or not apply

Hi everyone. I am currently rebuilding . I have several collections . All medical except for one which is for direct tv . I also have up to 180 day lates on two student loans. I was under the impression i was in forebearance during this period. I have disputed and been denied the change so that will stay unless i can be granted retroactive forebearance. 

Anyway I recently had my score jump to 642 on experian only because of a CC finally reporting after 6 months . that I am an AU on. 

My two questions are: 

1. I called Kia because it sounds (from their commercial that everyone gets approved) and asked about getting financed they made it sound good but wanted to pull my credit first. Also , I don't want to finance a Brand new car, i want to sell my clunker first, and bring the cash as a down payment and finance a used but fairly new car around 8,000 with a  2,000 down payment. the sales man says its much harder to get approved for a used car. that makes no sense because its less money involved but  one more person told me that is true. I thought i would ask here in hope that they are wrong. Is it harder to get approved for a used car even if its less money at risk?

2. My second question is my TU and EQ are way worse than experian i'm talking 505 and some other very low 5's should i even bother applyng and risk losing more points for nothing or stay in the garden and hope my car (which is really doing badly) keeps me going until my scores improve?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
lincar66
Frequent Contributor

Re: To apply or not apply

The reason a used car is better is its easier to resell a newer car with less miles and is easier to predict future value
Eq-670(dcu)ex-664 tu-693
NFCU Cash Rewards---8500k Joint Cash Rewards 2k NavCheck----15000 cap one 2500 cap one 2k synchrony furniture card 1500 walmart store card 6k walmart mastercard 6000 Firestone 1400 amazon 6k Lowes 12k serta 4k care credit 4800 rotman furniture card 1500 stash visa 2k bp visa 1500 PayPal MasterCard ????
Message 2 of 3
lincar66
Frequent Contributor

Re: To apply or not apply

I meant a new car..

Eq-670(dcu)ex-664 tu-693
NFCU Cash Rewards---8500k Joint Cash Rewards 2k NavCheck----15000 cap one 2500 cap one 2k synchrony furniture card 1500 walmart store card 6k walmart mastercard 6000 Firestone 1400 amazon 6k Lowes 12k serta 4k care credit 4800 rotman furniture card 1500 stash visa 2k bp visa 1500 PayPal MasterCard ????
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.