Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toyota Approved my App as Top Tier Customer

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Toyota Approved my App as Top Tier Customer

I buying  2005 Toyota Camry SE / Sun Roof / Spoiler / Leather with only 2884 miles for $15,900.
I applied for Toyota Motor Credit and they approved my app and dealer said I qualified for Financing as Tier One Customer.  I dont know what that means, but felt good to hear that they approved my loan and considers me as their Tier One Customer. I'll pick up the car some time next week.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Toyota Approved my App as Top Tier Customer

Congrats on the tier.

Personally I think 16K is too high a price for this car though.  It probably sold new for around 23 and is now considered 4 years old.  My 2008 Camry wouldn;t sell for much for than 16K used.  Being the older body style and such, I would push for a better price.

That said, If you are happy with the deal the good luck with it.
Message 2 of 7
cobra19
Valued Contributor

In my neck of woods (NY) Toyota considers a 720 as Tier 1 or Tier A.  Still get a better deal with NFCU.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super Congrats concorduser!!!! Smiley Happy

Wow, that was quick!!

You just finished paying off your Honda and you already
bought a Camry. No doubt that paid off Honda loan was a
major factor in you qualifying for Tier 1 financing thru Toyota. Smiley Happy

My guess is that Tier 1 financing is about 5-6% for a used vehicle.

I just checked Navy Fed's website and their lowest rate for used cars up
to 5 years old is 6%. For cars older than 5 years you have to call them to
get a quote. Smiley Happy

Anyway, the fact that you paid off your Honda so quickly has created immediate
dividends for you, concorduser. I couldn't be happier for you.

Congratulations once again on the great news!!! Smiley Happy

CanDo

"The right attitude is everything"
Message 4 of 7
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Concord you dont waste time do you, how many cars do you want to own? Well really not any of business, but it would be a good idea to see what that car values for, may want to check out kbb.com

For my area (NC) that car with those miles values at 19695, so i would say its a deal, me personally i would go with an 07 or newer...just my opinion...but i thought you were going to pay my car loan off? hmmm!Smiley Indifferent
Here the link!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 5 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I live in NH and work in NJ so I drive almost 1K miles every week. I try to buy nice used cars with low mileage and put some miles on it and sell them off and get another car. That way I dont loose lot of money. Also Honda / Toyota are very less expensive to maintain. Just put gas and drive so I normally try to change a car every 6 months or so. Right now I have 2006 Accord with 8200 miles ( I am giving this to my DD as 16 year birthday gift ) / 2006 Highlander with 8900 miles / My wife has 2007 Lexus RX350 with 26K miles and 2000 Honda Odyssey with 92k Miles. I am picking up the Camry next week with 2800 miles. Soon I would get rid off the Van. Come next spring, I am going to retire Highlander and replace with another car. Next Fall retire the Camry and get another car at that time. It is just muscial cars I manage to keep things in perspective to my self.
Message 6 of 7
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Smiley Very HappyWell darn, i tell you it must be nice to be concorduser, because if i could do that i probably would because i love cars myself. Too bad they dont lease for six months at time. Soon its going to be "Concords Used Cars". LOL!Smiley Very Happy
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.