cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA auto loan question

tag
Ameskranks

USAA auto loan question

On the usaa website they indicate "excellent" credit qualifies for their lowest interest rates, and "good" credit qualifies for a decent but slight higher rate.  Does anyone know what credit score range usaa considers "excellent"  and "good" ?  I'm sitting at around 735.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: USAA auto loan question

@Ameskranks wrote:

On the usaa website they indicate "excellent" credit qualifies for their lowest interest rates, and "good" credit qualifies for a decent but slight higher rate.  Does anyone know what credit score range usaa considers "excellent"  and "good" ?  I'm sitting at around 735.  

Ask them directly, I don't know any lender (personally at least) that won't disclose their tiers upon request.  The problem is they may underwrite on an auto-enhanced score, and we don't have access to that so it's a little moot unfortunately.

        
Message 2 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

No idea either and I echo the comment about scoring model.  Call and ask.  Their CSR's have always been very helpful in my experience.  I had trouble getting some information from a seller's auto loan holder and they were very helpful with that.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was on the USAA website and it does not post interest rates that I could find.  I figured that I would start an inquiry to see if it showed me the rates.  It did and I did not finish the inquiry, assuming that it would not be a reported inquiry.  I was incorrect and it shows up on my credit report as an inquiry.  I called them and asked about it and they said that if you start an inquiry online it will count as an inquiry but if you call them it will not.  I will be using their call center from now forward.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was on the USAA website and it does not post interest rates that I could find.  I figured that I would start an inquiry to see if it showed me the rates.  It did and I did not finish the inquiry, assuming that it would not be a reported inquiry.  I was incorrect and it shows up on my credit report as an inquiry.  I called them and asked about it and they said that if you start an inquiry online it will count as an inquiry but if you call them it will not.  I will be using their call center from now forward.

They post rates.  They go as low as 1.29% APR on new cars if you use their car buying service

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/bank_loan_auto_main?wa_ref=pub_global_products_bank_auto

Message 5 of 6
recordaras
Valued Member

For what it's worth, the dealership pulled my credit and it showed up as 721 Auto Enhanced 08, and USAA approved me at 2.99% (goes down to 2.49% if using their car buying service). It's kind of inbetween the posted rates for Good and Excellent.

BoA Secured $500 (closed) | OneStopPlus $900 | Chase Amazon $4600 (AU) | Amex BCE $6000 |
Chase Freedom $3000 | BoA TravelRewards Signature Visa $5000 | CSP $17 000 | BCP $27 000
Building credit since 04/2011 | CreditKarma 763 | CreditSesame 795 | Gardening since 01/31/2014
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.