Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used car Leasing

tag
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

Used car Leasing

Hi all, got a text a few days ago from a dealer stating they do used car leasing, I have never heard of this and didnt even think this was possible.  does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Used car Leasing

Captive finance through dealership CPO program, typically.  Been going on a few years.

Please do the math on leases, though.  If your goal is to save and build wealth, leases are typically horrible for 80% and great for 20%.  A lot has to do with your tax benefits, if any, and the style of car.  Leasing an all-electric can make great sense, but most of my friends who lease are throwing money away on the assumed cheaper payment!

Message 2 of 4
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

Im buying a house this year and Im trying to make my payments low for the car payment, a new car payment would be too much right now.  Leasing for me makes sense at this time.  Thanks for the reply also.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I switched to leasing a few years back. I have an Ford Explorer and my lease is up in 2017

A car lease may have lower monthly payments than if you were purchasing the car.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.