Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Auto Repo

tag
jwp32750
New Visitor

Voluntary Auto Repo

I presently have a business that has suffered during these economic times. I have a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser that was purchased by my business. The vehicle is in my business name, but I am the guarantor to the vehicle. If I turn the vehicle in as a voluntary repo (I guess that this the proper name), what is the financial (FICO) impact by this?

The payoff is probably around $28k; if sold at auction may get $18k for it. Will it show a negative impact of $10k?

Thanks!
Jim
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Voluntary Auto Repo

I your worried about FICO- I would avoid the repo

You are better off trying to sell it to a priate pary and getting the funds together for the difference.

It will get less at auction than a private sale.

the higher your FICO is now - the bigger it will fall
50 to 200 points.
Message 2 of 3
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: Voluntary Auto Repo

jwp32750 wrote:
I presently have a business that has suffered during these economic times. I have a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser that was purchased by my business. The vehicle is in my business name, but I am the guarantor to the vehicle. If I turn the vehicle in as a voluntary repo (I guess that this the proper name), what is the financial (FICO) impact by this?

The payoff is probably around $28k; if sold at auction may get $18k for it. Will it show a negative impact of $10k?

Thanks!
Jim

I agree with Timothy, private sale is definitely better than a Vol repo. When you say Guarantor do you mean like co-signer? because if so then you are just as liable as the company. NADA says you are looking at about $17K for wholesale but could be less. I'm sure you are aware that teh company is going to come after the difference as well, & because as you said it was for a company they are more than likely to go legal on you before they negotiate.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.