Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Westlake Financial Refinance Concern

tag
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

Westlake Financial Refinance Concern

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone with an auto loan through Westlake Financial was able to successfully refinance with a credit union or different lender without any problems? I read a lot of horrible reviews on Westlake about holding titles and making it difficult to payoff your loan. I recently signed loan papers with Westlake and I'd eventually like to refinance with a credit union in 6 months or a year but not sure how difficult they will make the process. Definitely want to get out as quickly as possible. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Sbrav77
Contributor

Re: Westlake Financial Refinance Concern

I was able to refinance an auto loan I had through Westlake before I even made the first payment. I refinanced with Penfed for almost half the interest rate. No issues at all. Although I hit a deer and the car got totalled out before Penfed received the title from Westlake. 

Message 2 of 3
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

Re: Westlake Financial Refinance Concern

That's good to hear about the refinancing. I'm definitely not in a position to refinance right now as most lenders won't touch me but I'm happy that Westlake took a chance on me. I have PenFed and tried to finance thru them but they weren't ready for my level of uncertain riskiness. Lol! Hopefully down the road, they will be easy to work with. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.