tag
skonberg

What do I qualify for?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help with Auto Loan Process

Honestly you are in no position to add another loan to your credit report (I would be surprised if you could get one at all with any company other than at a predatory rate (20%+). The reason being that you currently have 5 maxed out credit cards and 3 installment loans already reporting almost no headway on the repayment (the powers that be look at this). I think that adds up to just about $6,000 in debt and $36,000 in income for a debt to income ratio of about 17% before other bills, and you weren't clear about if you were still making payments on your truck. Add several late payments over the last year or so, and it just doesn't look promising.

I would recommend aggressively paying down all of the open CC/loans you have now, and maybe even sell the truck and by a way cheaper vehicle (no loan) to free up more cash to do so. Doing this should show a significant bump to your scores, putting you in the position to finance a newer vehicle down the road.

I know this sounds harsh, but you aren't doing yourself any favors by adding more debt to your current situation.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 2 of 5
skonberg

Thanks for your honesty and advice!!!

Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

ummm... If you want to build your credit you need to pay in full and CLOSE those terrible loans that you have... they are not helping anything... and I mean they are hurting you! not to mention a waste of money if you don't need them but considering the maxed out cards and loans, they probably are more than just building....

get it all paid off and you will qualify for a lot more and decent rates possibly... but get a year out on lates too.

recent lates SCREAM i'm not doing okay financially. (believe me I know, regardless how things are now... you just can't explain them away)

Message 4 of 5
skonberg

Re: What do I qualify for?

I am in process of paying off all loans and cards, thanks!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.