cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What income can I put in an auto loan app?

tag
Snook_on_the_Line
Established Contributor

What income can I put in an auto loan app?

Most credit card apps say that if you are over 21 you can include your partners income if you regularly use it to pay your expenses. 

is this the same with auto loans?

Daily Driver: Chase Prime VS 15k
Recurring bills: Cap1 Savor 2500
Sock Drawer: Jovia Elite 25k, Suncoast CU 20k, Lowe’s 35k
Churn for SUB: Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red 1k
On the Chopping Block: CreditOne 800, C1 Platinum 300

^^^Fico8 scores as of Oct 24
Total Revolving CL: $99,600
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
keekers
Valued Contributor

Re: What income can I put in an auto loan app?

Generally not unless it is a joint loan or a co-signed loan. Depending on credit history, scores, etc. a lender may ask for proof of income.

Message 2 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

If they're asking for household income then yes I think you could include.

Many auto lenders do not ask for proof of income but still best to be able to back it up with documentation if required.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 5
Snook_on_the_Line
Established Contributor

I was thinking of going thru capital one or Suncoast cu but then I realized that I had used HHI on my credit card apps with both of those lenders       

anyone know if cap1 asks for household or individual income on their auto loan apps?

Daily Driver: Chase Prime VS 15k
Recurring bills: Cap1 Savor 2500
Sock Drawer: Jovia Elite 25k, Suncoast CU 20k, Lowe’s 35k
Churn for SUB: Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red 1k
On the Chopping Block: CreditOne 800, C1 Platinum 300

^^^Fico8 scores as of Oct 24
Total Revolving CL: $99,600
Message 4 of 5
Zeiram
Valued Member

@Snook_on_the_Line wrote:

I was thinking of going thru capital one or Suncoast cu but then I realized that I had used HHI on my credit card apps with both of those lenders       

anyone know if cap1 asks for household or individual income on their auto loan apps?

Capital One asks for your income. If they don't believe you or your credit is bad they may require paystubs but generally if the pre-qualification goes through they don't ambush you at the dealership.

If your income is lower you may need to find a co-signer. Just remember this person was nice to you. Don't let this loan go bad.

Another option is a bigger down payment. Which means a smaller loan and showing the bank you're willing to stick your neck out and prove that you take the loan obligations seriously because you will lose a lot of money if you don't.

It impressed the bank, in the wrong way, if you're not even going to put down serious money.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.