Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

need advice

We are new at this forum and need some direction or advice. After battling bad credit for the past ten years, we have things cleaned up to the point of being almost on the verge of a fico of 700. We just refinanced our house at 6% which is pretty decent considering. Now, we are wanting to finance a new car. Particularly looking at Nissan. We are attracted to the 1.9% for "preferred customers". What does that mean? Can anyone tell us what fico a person would need for this good rate? We have a low debt to income ratio and our present car loan has NEVER been late. Can someone advise us on what we could expect with a fico of 700? I can't get the rating up any higher. Anything derogatory left on the reports is stuff that has already been challenged. There's no getting it removed as I have tried. there are NO unpaid collections and anything that is negative is pretty old. More than 2 years for sure. I know more time would be on our side, but we are needing to get this done soon.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: need advice

Chances are extremely great for you, i spoke with a guy that worked for nissan, and he said they are very lenient. I dont know if you would get tier 1 approval but with a 700 it should be pretty easy, getting tier 2! I say go for it!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What would be the threshold for the tier one?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure at Nissan but for many auto lenders it is 720. It could be lower. Someone was saying in another thread they Nissan has lower lending standards to build customer loyalty. It doesn't hurt to call and ask.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.