cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question...

wifey2106
Established Member

question...

so my dh just got into a car accident and well with the money that were getting back we have to get a new car. we both have crappy credit but are trying to fix it. i know no excuse. my mil has awesome credit and she willing to cosign for us. would be alot better to do than trying to do it on our own with high interest rates and all.... thanks
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
wifey2106
Established Member

Re: question...

bump!!!! anyone!!!
Message 2 of 3
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: question...

I am not sure what you are asking but I try to respond.

In building credit it is always better not to have a co-signer or be an AU.  It wsont hurt your score if you do.

I would check with a credit union and the dealer and see what they can do for you.  print out your credit reposts and show them to the CU or dealer but dont let them pull your credit to see what they can do based on your CRs.

Also it is possible that would you you auto-enhanced FICO score which could be higher then you regular score if you have had auto loans in the past with good payment history.

If you do all that and you still can't get an autoloan or one where they payments are affordable to you, then you could use the cosigner.  In the long run it would be better do fo it alone veben with the higher interest rates if you can afford the payments,  I would also consider the cheapest car possible or even a late model used.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.