Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASSET: NO

tag
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

ASSET: NO

Hi Everyone. This forum has been really helpful and here I am with another question. I logged into my Pacer account and saw the 341 meeting is set on 12/30/19. Is there anything in particular I should be looking for in that account before my 341 meeting? Also, I saw where it says, Asset:NO. Have they already determined this case as no asset? Thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: ASSET: NO

It should have the schedule or all the creditors that were contacted that you filed. The stack of filing papers your lawv firm filed. Yes you passed the no assest portion. It will be quiet for now until DC time. Please dont stress out. The MOC is a piece of cake with a no assest case. It will be over before you know it.Takes longer to get a Big Mac at Mikey D' in the drive thru and the MOC. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

@FireMedic1 wrote:

It should have the schedule or all the creditors that were contacted that you filed. The stack of filing papers your lawv firm filed. Yes you passed the no assest portion. It will be quiet for now until DC time. Please dont stress out. The MOC is a piece of cake with a no assest case. It will be over before you know it.Takes longer to get a Big Mac at Mikey D' in the drive thru and the MOC. Smiley Happy

I don't know man.. my local McDonald's drive thru is pretty quick! Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 12
twono
Frequent Contributor

Smooth sailing until the trustee removes their 'distribution notice', and 'judge gets re-assigned',  and the US trustee wants 401k statements, insurance papers,  credit reports and then some....After that, it's smooth sailing.  Smiley Happy

Heck, i'm still in a canoe in the middle of the bering strait with my case still open 65 days post DC.  Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Tuscani wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

I don't know man.. my local McDonald's drive thru is pretty quick! Smiley Happy 

Send of them down here to FL then @Tuscani . They have 1 speed. Slow. Thats is if they're not texting. Bwahahahah!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@twono wrote:

Smooth sailing until the trustee removes their 'distribution notice', and 'judge gets re-assigned',  and the US trustee wants 401k statements, insurance papers,  credit reports and then some....After that, it's smooth sailing.  Smiley Happy

Heck, i'm still in a canoe in the middle of the bering strait with my case still open 65 days post DC.  Smiley Sad

We know it hasnt been the norm in your case. Unfortunately. Its gotta end sooner or later. Looking forward to your I'M DC'ed FINALLY thread! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
despritfreya
Frequent Contributor

@Amiashu12 wrote: I logged into my Pacer account and saw. . .  where it says, Asset:NO. Have they already determined this case as no asset?

The short answer to your question is that there has not been a determination that you are a no-asset case.

In nearly all Chapter 7 cases a claims bar date is not set at the outset of the case and the case is designated as a "no asset" case, regardless of whether or not it is expected that there will be non-exempt assets to liquidate.

Take a look at Official Form 309A that was mailed to you. At the very top of the form its states, “Notice of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Case -- No Proof of Claim Deadline”. Further down in the document (page 2) states, “Please do not file a proof of claim unless you receive a notice to do so. No property appears to be available to pay creditors. Therefore, please do not file a proof of claim now. If it later appears that assets are available to pay creditors, the clerk will send you another notice telling you that you may file a proof of claim and stating the deadline.”

If and when a Trustee has something he/she can pay to creditors he/she will file a Notice that he/she is holding or expects to hold assets for the benefit of creditors. He/she will then request that a claims bar date be issued.

Des.

Message 7 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

All that mumbo jumbo was on my form. I had no assest lsted. So if theres no assests. They have nothing to claim to get any proceeds from here in Fl. Cant squeeze juice from a rock.

Message 8 of 12
twono
Frequent Contributor

I was dc’d over 2 months ago...but since assets are involved in my ch 7, the case remains open.

In the words of my attny, ‘the trustee is simply old and very slow’.
Message 9 of 12
twono
Frequent Contributor

@firemedic I was dc’d over 2 months ago...but since assets are involved in my ch 7, the case remains open.

In the words of my attny, ‘the trustee is simply old and very slow’.

Lol
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.