Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aaron’s!?

tag
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Aaron’s!?

I filed 8/3/18, Aaron’s sales and leasing was included. I let them know this as well. They kept trying to push an auto payment through right after that so I called and let them know that by the bankruptcy laws they were to cancel all auto pays and that a stay of collection was in place. Then yesterday I get 2 calls and 2 voicemails stating that my payment had declined (still trying to autopay). What would you do with this situation? Yes I have a bed that was leased still in my possession. The account is 3 days past due (can’t report this to credit can they?).
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Aaron’s!?

From my understanding they are not allowed to contact you once there is a stay in place.

Here is an article about it it's old though:

https://robertweed.com/2011/07/09/i-filed-bankruptcy-and-they-are-still-calling-when-do-we-sue/

I think it comes down to if you told them and they keep trying you have some recourse.

Message 2 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Have your lawyer contact them for a fresh reminder to leave you alone.

Message 3 of 6
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

I just blocked their number LOL! If they come knocking on my door, then we can have words.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they keep trying to contact you or collect, they could have to pay YOU money down the line. Let them keep contacting you. 😂
Message 5 of 6
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

They do, every day! Today they left a message that they need to hear back from me BY THE END OF THE DAY or face repossession lol. I’m just waiting for them to show up at my door so I can tell them what they should already know.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.