Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card after DC

tag
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

Apple Card after DC

I'm 18 months out from my DC.  No missed payments on any current cards.  Keeping balances low if not at zero.

Current Fico 8 Score is roughly 650 across all 3.  

What are peoples experiences on getting an Apple Card after a DC?  I'm not in a rush by any means but just curious.  

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: Apple Card after DC

It won't hurt to try it because Apple does a soft pull initially to verify if you do indeed qualify.  If you do quality they'll present you with an offer, once that offer is accepted then you'll be greeted with a hard pull.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nomadic_traveler I've applied once a month every month for a year. Always denied with "derogatory" or delinquent with this wording (latest app):

"Thank you for your interest in Apple Card. Goldman Sachs Bank USA has reviewed your application, and it was not approved at this time because:

• Serious delinquency and public record or collection filed
  • Too many accounts with balances
  • Length of time revolving accounts have been established"

I think the accounts with balances refers to my 27 student loans lol. 

i read recently that Goldman Sachs will not approve anyone with a Bk less than 3 years out from DC.  So there's that. But it could be a ymmv situation as well. This would be a great thread to see if folks with a recent Bk have been approved. Strangely though, I have not been declined and then offered their new credit building product which helps you get to a place where they might approve you. Apparently this is a new program started in June that helps those declines build their credit profiles to GS's liking. But not me LOL 😂 

it doesn't hurt to keep checking each month, so I'm good. Plus they tell you your tu9 score for free. 

Message 3 of 16
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

Ha .... Ok I just applied.  Denied. Haha .... similar as you but:

• You have recently been past due
  • You have recently filed for bankruptcy
  • You have recently filed for bankruptcy or experienced another negative public record on the credit file

Not sure why it says "recently" for past due.  Nothing has been past due since before the BK.  So over 18 months.  All current cards have always been current since BK.  No missed payments.

Interesting that it has two lines about a BK or another neg public record.  My CR from all 3 has only one public record listed.  The BK.

If it doesn't hurt my credit I'll keep trying.  I'm a Apple fan so like you it's just the cool factor. Ha.  

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nomadic_traveler That's why this is a great thread you started. Because up to and including April 1st, this was my denial message

... it was not approved at this time because:

• You have recently filed for bankruptcy or experienced another negative public record on the credit file

my 1 year DC anniv was in April. So..???  Not sure what their algorithm is. After then, the message I originally posted is the denial reason. 

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 6 of 16
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous

So I just did a search of my email and turns out I forgot.  I applied twice before.  Once in August of last year so only a few months after DC and then again this past January.  Both less then a year from the DC.  Just now was 18 months out from DC.  Got the exact same email denial all 3 times.  No changes. haha.....I've seen the comment about approving after 3 years from DC several other places as well so maybe that is the case regardless of payment history or anything else.  Obviously it's just their computer spitting the data back out.

Ofcourse that won't stop me from trying considering it's a soft pull. Haha

Message 7 of 16
SH3L8Y
Established Member

Applied at the beginning of August (6 months post-BK)

"Thank you for your interest in Apple Card. Goldman Sachs Bank USA has reviewed your application, and it was not approved at this time because:

Goldman Sachs Bank USA received your credit score from TransUnion Consumer Solutions.

Your credit score as of August 5, 2020: 665"

Message 8 of 16
JT704
New Visitor

My wife was just approved, we are exactly 24 months from filing date. I was declined due to being recently past due (22 months ago) when we filed bankruptcy. Wife didn't have any baddies other than bankruptcy. I will try again on October 1st and see if the 23 month old late credit card payment will get in the way. Wife was approved for $1,500 ... 650 TU Score 

Message 9 of 16
ToofDoc
Contributor

Great to know about that 3 years old time frame!  I once also thought about applying for an Apple card...just sounds **bleep** cool, but refrained due to my DC as well.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.