cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can creditors report lates on and after the date you file BK? I'm showing 16 lates!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can creditors report lates on and after the date you file BK? I'm showing 16 lates!

Going through my account I see I have a a lot(16) lates. I have to check, but believe I filed in May 2002 for chapter 7. I see that most of the creditors report being 30 days late for May, or showing a charge off. I thought once I filed every account is frozen, and since the ch 7 was discharged, it should only show up as BK, not BK plus lates? I'm sure they are showing as lates because you don't pay on the account from the time you file till 3 months later when its discharged. To clarify, I was never late before I filed.

The only one I reaffirmed was my GMAC auto loan which has been paid off for over 2 years now. Never late(so I thought). They show a 90 day late for May 02', which is when I went through the transition with them to get a new account number etc. I paid on the old account untill hey issued a new one. I assume it would be best to dispute it with Experian(Experian appears to be the only one with this)? Did Experian screw up by chance?  How should I word that letter roughly? I don't have statements from that long ago. Just include my BK case number and such? I know those lates are a long time ago, but 16 would have to do some damage.

I actually used myfico.com about 3 years ago, and cleared up many things I thought. The site wasn't too bad back then, but now with the forum here and the way the credit history is displayed is much better yet. Very pleased.

Thanks in advance!

Message Edited by load on 04-26-2008 01:10 AM

Message Edited by load on 04-26-2008 05:19 AM
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.