Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car loan with down payment?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Car loan with down payment?

Assuming worst case here... 550 credit score, 3950 take home pay per month, with 2k down. Can I get a new car loan after 341 meeting?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Car loan with down payment?

I can't comment on it before discharge, but I have similar income, and I put $1400 down and was approved through Cap1 3 mos post discharge.  If anything I'd consult your attorney, make sure it won't cause any issues, and if you get greenlighted, give it a go.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

With $2k cash, buy a car outright with that money that will hold you over until your rebuild is well underway and you can get a good rate on a financed car.

You can get approved but interest will be astronomical. You run the risk of being underwater on the car and then having a hard time refinancing because of that.

This is your fresh start. Keep things clean Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking over my current car loan papers. It is for 8% apr for 29.9K financied for 75 months through KIA dealer financing. Zero down. I'm going to try not to reaffrim my current car loan and try to get a certified used car if not new. As long as KIA is willing to let me keep my current car without reaffirming I won't have to settle for any outragous apr offers.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.