Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score decreased 27pts?!?

tag
bandlp08
New Contributor

Credit score decreased 27pts?!?

Maybe I didn’t get a full understanding about some of the bankruptcy rules but I filed 12-20-18 had my 341 on 2-5-19. Should be discharged 4-8-19. Got notification today saying Trans went down 27pts for a 30 day past due. I thought they couldn’t do that if it was IIB. They can still report not paying after you file??
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit score decreased 27pts?!?

From my understanding they can't, that's what I've read on this site. Once you file they can't collect from you anyway. 

Message 2 of 6
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Dispute it ASAP.  There should be no lates after the file date.  

Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 3 of 6
bandlp08
New Contributor

Thank you for the replies. That’s what I understood from being on here as well but didn’t want to be wrong once I started trying to dispute it. Should I dispute it now or wait u til I’m discharged?
Message 4 of 6
kiea
Frequent Contributor

I started to dispute accounts on my credit reports as soon as I filed which worked out in my favor because some of the creditors didn't respond and the entire credit line was deleted from my reports.  So, if I was you I will do it now but I guess it up to you.  Either way the late payment is wrong and it should be deleted.

Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 5 of 6
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

I would wait until about two weeks after discharge date then pull credit reports. This way you can review all at once and dispute what you need to dispute.

That’s just something I would do.

$5000 Barclay Apple Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $6000 SL CapitalOne VentureOne | $10K SL PenFed Pathfinder | $3500 Wells Fargo Platinum | $9500 BECU Visa
Goals: Grow scores into 700s
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.