Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't reaffirm car

tag
fixingmystuff63

Didn't reaffirm car

Hi everyone,

Just a little background.I kept both of my cars but did not re-affirm, I have continued to pay on them and up to date with payments. I was taking a look at my credit report and it is showing that 2 of the 3 credit bureaus is showing it at as a closed account but the other is showing that it is CURRENT/PAID OR PAYING TO AS AGREED, but the last payment is from 2/24 even though I am current. I'm contacting my finance company today, and I contacted my lawyer but to be honest I'm just all around confused exactly what is going on. Will my cars be taken away from me? Can I continue to pay on them until the lease is up and turn them in/or buy them at the end of the lease with no issue? I'm just REALLY confused on exactly what is going on. Can someone maybe explain or provide some clarification?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ForwardLooking
Regular Contributor

Re: Didn't reaffirm car

You more than likely will not have any trouble keeping the cars through the term of the lease as long as you remain up to date.  They would much rather continue to collect from you as opposed to going through the Repo process.  Personally, I would not re-affirm the leases because at this point, you are leagaly not liable for them (assuming you received a discharge) if something unforseen happens in the future to affect your ability to maintain the payments.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.