Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discharge coming soon? Wondering a few things

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discharge coming soon? Wondering a few things

Hello,
On pacer it says awaiting trustees final report and awaiting discharge. Discharge is set 7/05. No activity has gone on since 5/20 when the trustee entered a statement of declination stating we no longer have a presumption of abuse. I’m just getting a little nervous that I’m supposed to be discharge this Friday and the trustee hasn’t filed a final report or anything. It’s been ghost town from my lawyers. At one point some people said on her that they got the no distribution alert like really soon after 341...Anyone have an insight?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Discharge coming soon? Wondering a few things

Call the lawyer and ask. You paid them for a service. They work for you. Find out whats up.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Mjeff 

I also have a discharge date that is set for today 7/5 and on Pacer it says awaiting discharge as well. I will contact my attorney and see what is going on.  

Message 3 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Guys, no need to panic just yet,  its the day after July 4th, a major holiday. Most Courts are closed, and if they aren't, the judges and trustees along with most lawyers take off. So, I would look for a DC next week!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discharge set for today.

Good afternoon,
I am just a ball of nerves and needed to say something to somebody before I lose it. Obviously bankruptcy is a long process and can make some who already have anxiety have MORE. My discharge is set for today but I don’t think it’s going to happen. The judge has the sign. I looked for other cases with same trustee and same lawyer and their discharge date is today too. However none of us has had any activity placed into pacer. I don’t know why I thought it would be done on the discharge date. I was just hoping it would so I could put this process behind me and stop worrying so much. Why did it have to be the day after a holiday.
Message 5 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Discharge set for today.

OP, Ive already responded to this in your other thread. There's no need to make a separate thread about the same thing. Just continue your other thread.
Message 6 of 7
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Discharge set for today.

I understand anxiety. Try to find things to occupy time and mind. There may be delays due to holiday. Hang in there.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.