Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes causing reporting dates to change and lowering FICO score

tag
missy42
Regular Contributor

Re: Disputes causing reporting dates to change and lowering FICO score

Hi Boscoe,

I wanted to keep Sara4 however I had already created this profile under my fico so I just kept it.  As for my scores they are not the greatest but I keep at the disputes and so far my eqifax seem to be the only one that has increased.  I managed to get several credit cards all with low balances but I did get a cap one increase so now I have a cl of $800.00 with cap one and $300 with hsbc and first premier.  I don't particularly like first premier but I don't carry a balance with it so it's all good.

Here are my fico scores after finding this site and realizing the fako scores were a waste of time I just keep up with these like i said they're not great at all but hopefully time will help as well as paying everything on time:

All Fico:

TU: 484
EX: 500
EQ: 533

Any clue on how to raise my scores?  I read everything I can on this forum but I must admit I post very little since I don't feel I have much to say but have lots of work to do.  I think they will continue to go up but I have disputes going with TU and EX now and I'm hoping they will increase after the investigations are complete.  My next step is to send out DV letters.  Almost all are reporting IIB but some still show high credit limits on those accounts along with balances and I'm not sure how to get them not to report it so if you or anyone else have a sample letter I can send to the CA's it would be helpful.  Thanks for the email BTW what are your fico scores? 
Filed Ch 13- 8/29/17
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputes causing reporting dates to change and lowering FICO score

I have this same issue, I disputed one account status with Experian in May 07 from my BK7 in 2002, and now all my IIB Accounts show date reported May 2007.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.