Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I need to dispute?

I apologize in adance if this is the wrong forum. I am trying to rebuild my credit after a bankruptcy (which is why I'm not sure if I should be posting here or in the bankruptcy forum). I'm going through my credit report to see if everything is now showing correctly and I see several accounts that do not show as included in bankruptcy but they do show a 0 balance. Is this considered as reported correctly? Or do I need to dispute them to have it say included in bankruptcy? There are also a few that just say charge off. Should those be disputed? I'm just not sure how everything is supposed to be listed after the bankruptcy.

Also, a collection account has just been added even though I do not have any accounts currently in collections (it is an account from 2013), is there a way to have this removed as well?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Do I need to dispute?

Welcome to the forums !

I believe you'll get relevant advice in the Bankruptcy forum so I'll move this post there.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone able to help me out with this? I really am not sure what my report is supposed to look like and am trying to make sure that everything is reported correctly so that I can start rebuilding.

Message 3 of 4
ordnance1987
Regular Contributor

Everything should say IIB, I don't know about the collection but it doesn't hurt to dispute it. You can dispute whatever you want on your credit report. If the creditor doesn't reply back to the CRA the item would be deemed unverifiable and would be removed.

Chapter 7 Discharged Aug 2014
Starting Score: EQ 587, TU 567, EX 612
Current Score: EQ 643, TU 627, EX 657
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.