cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 3 lines of AT&T or Verizon during Chapter 13??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting 3 lines of AT&T or Verizon during Chapter 13??

Anyone have issues getting 3-4 lines of cell service with Verizon or AT&T while in an open 13??  We need to switch from Sprint - 5 years of perfect service and bill pay.  But now we need to get three lines and leased phones with another carrier.  I'm wondering if they default you to having to pay a deposit, or straight up denying you service?

Please let me know your experiences.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting 3 lines of AT&T or Verizon during Chapter 13??

I have AT&T,  they do not report to the 3.  I always had crappy credit and was able to get a line from them.  There is always the pre-paid route if that is an option. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I will answer my own question so it might help others.

I went to AT&T in an effort to get 4 lines actually.  And they pulled the credit.  Yeah no, they did not want us for 4 new lines.  They wanted $600 for the first line, then pay in full for the three extra lines.  This was us trying to finance 4 iPhone XRs.  This was also 4 new numbers.  The salesman said that if we ported our three current numbers from our current carrier, that might help.  Low and behold, we ported three lines from our old service, to AT&T and they gave us those three plus a single new line for nothing down, no down payment or deposit.  The difference being stealing business from another carrier.  But they only pulled the credit once, and it was experian.  

Long story short, they were ok with us porting but not getting new lines.  So hope that helps.  We have a single open 13 thats about 6 months old.  30 more months to go...

Message 3 of 5
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

You should switch to T-Mobile. they are very BK Friendly.

Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

An ole friend has a Verizon store. If your credit is poor they want a $400 deposit. (single line) Good credit. No deposit. Depending on where you live is who they pull. So I went thru my employee portal 4 yrs ago and switched from NoMobile. Ooops I mean T-Mobile. I got Verizon with employee 22% discount. Around these parts. They're the only ones that penetrate large concrete buildings. AT&T so so. If theres no free wifi in the building. Nada.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.