Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill letters for late payments.

tag
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

Goodwill letters for late payments.

Hello Everyone. Back with another question. Was not aware that late payments before filing chap 7 statys and was told by my attorney to stop making paymnets three months prior filing. Has anyone here had a success on removing late payments after chap 7 filed? Thanks. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Goodwill letters for late payments.

The odds arent good. Especially when a creditor gets burned. But read this thread and it will give you some ideas to work with. Good Luck!

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-... 

Message 2 of 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Goodwill letters for late payments.

Late payments before filing will not be removed, as the creditors are reporting correctly. I know thats not what everyone wants to hear, but it is what it is.

Late payments will continue to report on your reports for 7 yrs from the DOFD. I had the same situation, like most BK filers here, and I had several of my accounts just "drop off" after like 4 yrs post DC.

You can try GW, but the chances are very unlikely they will reverse them.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.