cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do lates work leading up to Ch7 Filing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do lates work leading up to Ch7 Filing?

I've been trying to save $2k since beginning of Jan to hire my Ch7 attorney. Thankfully I made my last payment to him today and so he will start the filing process now. 

I have not paid any loan/credit card payments since Jan in order to fund the retention of my attorney. My worst late payment status presumably belongs to one of my personal loans. I've missed Jan 1, Feb 1, and now March 1. While they, along with others, have threatened to report me to the bureaus, as of today anyway, I still seem to hold 100% good payment history with no lates.

I'm hoping my attorney and I can now work through the filing drafts quickly and get my case filed with the court within the next few weeks. 

Any idea though if/when these lates will hit my credit? Do they have to stop the clock when the filing with court is official? My credit has already taken a big hit because my balances are overlimit now in many cases and headed the wrong way for now.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

Re: How do lates work leading up to Ch7 Filing?

If the lates are legitimate, they can post them to your reports. They will probably report them not too much past filing. It is what it is. 

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: How do lates work leading up to Ch7 Filing?

The lates will show up as a string once posted. 30 (Jan) 60 (Feb) 90 (March) more than likely. They will stick since they happened before the file date. Once the file date has been entered to the courts. No more negative info can be placed on your credit file. If another late sneaks in after file date. Notify your lawyer. BK courts do like those moves. Good luck on your case!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.