Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you access Pacer?

tag
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

How do you access Pacer?

I seemed to have signed up but it asks for a card # - does it really cost money to search for my case details?
2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged
Scores at Discharge: 550 EQ 471 TU 509 EXP (Last Updated 5/11)
5/16/19 - Rebuild Started - App'ed for Credit One - Approved for $2,000 starting line! (Increased to $2200 the following month)
6/7/19 - 606 EQ 544 TU 566 EXP - New CC reported w/ $75 Balance
12/10/19 - 616 EQ 581 TU 592 EXP

8/28/2021 - 698 EQ 670 TU 674EXP
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: How do you access Pacer?

@Shann0n_marie wrote:
I seemed to have signed up but it asks for a card # - does it really cost money to search for my case details?

Yes, there is a cost with using Pacer.  Access to court documents costs $0.10 per page. The cost to access a single document is capped at $3.00, the equivalent of 30 pages. The cap does not apply to name searches, reports that are not case-specific and transcripts of federal court proceedings. 

Message 2 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The most I paid and I kept a copy of every single document which I printed over 3 months was about $13. You can always go back and copy something else if needed, It will be sitting there.

Message 3 of 5
ani86a
Established Member

You’re only charged if you exceed $15 in a month, I believe. I’ve been accessing the site throughout my 5-year Chapter 13, and have not reached that amount (may be eating my words this month as I’m awaiting discharge & check it multiple times a day, lol!).

Edit: you’re only charged if you actually view a document- for example, if the trustee files something and you pull up the actual pdf that’s where $$$ is generated.
Message 4 of 5
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

As far as I can tell they seem to charge for more then just documents but it is only 10 cents. As someone else said too if you don't go above $15 then you won't get charged at all. ALSO for reference they don't bill every time there is a 10 cents charge to your Pacer account.  They bill quarterly.  So you have 3 months to rack up $15.  I've gone above the 15 bucks already I'm at 20 or so now but I have not been billed yet. I'm not sure if the billing is on the same date for everyone but they bill quarterly and again only if you go above $15 will you be charged.  Also you can check and see where your account is balancewise as you go so you can be prepared if you go above $15.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.