cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How friendly is the Amazon credit car to post BK?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How friendly is the Amazon credit car to post BK?

Hey guys! I am a bit past the ch7 BK 2 year mark and still finding it difficult to obtain any substantial credit. Right out of discharge I applied for three secured cards. Discover IT was amongst them and they rolled the secured card into a traditional unsecured credit card with a $1500 CL after six months. Unfortunately they refuse to offer anything else despite me being good with the card. 

last night I decided to thaw my frozen credit and apply to some more cards. The last credit card I applied for was around 1.5 years ago. I tried the pre qualify Apple Card but was declined. I then tried the CHASE Freedom Unlimited card and just got a generic message saying they need more time. My FICO score is between 670 and 725. 725 according to Apple Card and they use the Fico 9 model. 

I was considering trying for the Amazon store card, however, I did burn them in my Bankruptcy, so I'm not sure what chance I will have. I also bank with NFCU, to which I obtained a 2.9% apr auto loan 8 months ago. Unfortunately they only prequalified me for their secured card.

I'm  really nervous about throwing another hard pull inquiry out there, but, I also feel if I don't try, I'll never get my credit to the point I want it to. Any thoughts or advice on how to proceed?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

Re: How friendly is the Amazon credit car to post BK?

I think I was about 6 months post DC when I got my Amazon store card. They started off with a low SL of 1K and my scores were right around 670-700. I did not burn them but I do not think Synchrony Bank has a long BK memory and is pretty forgiving. 

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Chase card will be a no-go for a long time. Included or not, Chase will not approve a card as long as the BK is showing on your reports.

Message 3 of 5
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

The Visa is a Chase card but the store card is Synchrony and is much more attainable after BK

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 4 of 5
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Chase is not one you want to app with BK showing. Most likely denial while on report. Only if you bank with them and have pre-approval. The 2 years is to early though.

Quite a few have been approved for Amazon Synchrony not long after DC. Might be low limit, but can grow somewhat fast.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.