as long as that bankruptcy is on your report, you will probably not be able to get that score to 700.
That is blatantly false.
The way to 700+ is this:
1. get CC's either secured or unsecured
2. use them and PIF before due date
3. DO NOT use between due date and statement date
4. rinse repeat until you have 3-5 cards
5. take EACH AND EVERY bad item that is on your CR and offer GW or PIF even if it was included in the BK (there is no penalty for asking them)
6. rinse repeat until each of those is gone or your score is above 700
I know this is a super old thread, but can someone explain #3 to me. I understand that you need to have the balance reflect a low utilization (or 0) at statement cut date, but the "between due date and statement date" is a bit confusing to me. Am I to presume, that after statement cuts, that I should not use the card until AFTER the due date has passed? If so, why? Thanks in advance for any insight.