Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jefferson Cap still showing open

tag
isaemm76
Established Member

Jefferson Cap still showing open

Hellooooo,

I filed for chap 7 on 4/30/24.  Had my 341 on 6/8/24.  But as of today I checked my repprt and Equifax is still showing this.

Is this correct?  Can they still report this account??Screenshot 2024-06-20 3.02.37 PM.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Jefferson Cap still showing open

You have a right to dispute it. It can not say "open". It was DC'ed. Should showed close with a $0 balance. If a disput doesnt work then file a complaint with the CFPB. Last resort. Make a copy and give it to your lawyer and they can ship off a letter for violating BK laws. $1000 fine.

Message 2 of 4
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@isaemm76, have you gotten your discharge yet? 

Chapter 13:

• Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank (now Bank of Southern California)
  • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
  • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
  • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
  • Last Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
  • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
  • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 3 of 4
isaemm76
Established Member

No, not discharged yet.  Got the notice of no distribution last week and last to to object is 7/13/24.

I was just wondering about this because all of my other creditors are showing account closed with zero blalance.  This is the only one still open.  Do they have up unitl discharge to keep the account "open"??

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.