cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining NFCU during Bankruptcy before Discharge..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joining NFCU during Bankruptcy before Discharge..

Am I able to open a banka account at a regular bank or credit union during bankrutcy before discharge?  I won't have any money in it, but am preparing for credit rebuild for after discharge. I have heard mixed answers to this, and wanted to see what others have experienced.

Thank You.

Uso Dak

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

Re: Joining NFCU during Bankruptcy before Discharge..

I opened a checking and savings account with NFCU about a month and a half after filing chapter 13.  It was already reporting on my credits reports.  They soft-pulled TU (apparently they usually HP), and also ran EWS.  I don't know if they pulled Chex.  I opened the account over the phone.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should not have problems opening an account at Navy Federal while in bankruptcy. Expect a hard pull on your CBR, and an EWS check. Navy Federal does not pull Chexsystems.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response, I hoping to have my siste join NFCU as her husband is in the service, and then I can sign up under her. Got any key points for me to use to talk her in to switching from Wells Fargo to NFCU? lol

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.