Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice

tag
Andy-Griffin
Established Member

Need some advice

I know the credit repair grift is supposed to be avoided, but I understand why people use them. LOL

This has been stressful and confusing for me digging through my credit reports!

So, tonight I found a closed account. This is a JPMCB card. Apparently, this was one of my wife's cards that I was an AU on. It was included in our BK7. However, on my Equifax report, it is showing a balance owed with 120+ days late. It says nothing about BK7, and my utilization is 103% on this account.

Can I just simply dispute this and have them fix this?

Starting scores:

Current scores:

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need some advice

@Andy-Griffin wrote:

I know the credit repair grift is supposed to be avoided, but I understand why people use them. LOL

This has been stressful and confusing for me digging through my credit reports!

So, tonight I found a closed account. This is a JPMCB card. Apparently, this was one of my wife's cards that I was an AU on. It was included in our BK7. However, on my Equifax report, it is showing a balance owed with 120+ days late. It says nothing about BK7, and my utilization is 103% on this account.

Can I just simply dispute this and have them fix this?

If you were just an Authorized User yes, absolutely and I would encourage you to dispute it

Message 2 of 5
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Had the same situation with my BK7 on 3 accounts.  Should be a fairly simple dispute.

NFCU Visa 35k | NFCU Platinum 35k | Cap1 QS 13K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 32K | Discover IT 16K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 6k |
Message 3 of 5
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Definitely dispute it. If they don't remove file a CFPB complaint. IME once that happens they will remove asap. 

Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Send in supporting documents like a copy of your filing. If that doesnt work your lawyer can go after them and get fined $1000 plus lawyer fees for violating BK laws.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.