Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD letter questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD letter questions

The only collection agencies I have on my CR is for small medical bills.  I filed bankruptcy and now they can not come after me for the balance since it is discharged.  I know that it will still show on my CR and was wondering if I sent a PFD letter, do you think would they be willing to DELETE the TL since they know they can not obtain this money from me?  Has any of you ever done this?  If so, did you ask to settle for less? (while using the discharge as a reason)

Also, I was wondering if I do write a PFD letter, should I appeal to their emotional side or just strictly state that the debt is now discharged and I will offer to pay for the deletion?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: PFD letter questions

As far as having the account deleted it is up to the creditor that had it reproted to begin with. You could offer to pay it off so that it comes off. But the fact is it will be deleted from the credit report 7 years from the bankruptcy filing date, but only the bankruptcy itself under public records will stay on for 10 yrs for a ch 7 and 7  yrs for a chapter 13 bankruptcy.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD letter questions

Actually, the TL should come off seven years after date of first delinquency with that Original Creditor (not the filing date of the BK), but the BK itself will not come off for 10 or 7 years

Message Edited by IllinoisMike on 01-22-2008 04:57 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.