Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question please help

tag
Lavanidosa
Valued Member

Question please help

Q: Where should i start off to apply I'm still waiting on my discharged but today 5/31/14 is the last day for the objection thing so i'm hoping i could get my discharged soon but i'm scared for applying for credit card cause i burned Capital one (Kohls Charge) in my BK so i'm hoping that i could get lucky if theres another credit card out there where i could start from some where but should i wait to apply and how long cause my husband did NOT have the Kohls card but i dont know if that could be effect his credit but i hope someone could help me thanks !!!! 

I heard alot of people that has been disputing there stuff from the credit report BEFORE there discharged can we do that or should we wait for it cause i did dispute some stuff before my 341 hearing but that was cause they were 2 same accounts and they said that i filed chapter 13 when i did Chapter 7 so i hope someone could advice me cause i'm so confussed i wanted to get a cellphone company but i dont know if i will be denied and i just have so many questions that i dont know where to ask them but his is some of them so i hope someone helps me out Smiley Happy

Thanks 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Question please help

Those are 2 VERY long sentences... Wow.

Oh... You shouldn't be applying for anything until you are discharged.
FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 2 of 3
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

Re: Question please help

I just wanted to let you know that I recommend Capital One.  I know that you burned them, but so did I.  They have been so wonderful to me post-BK.  But before you apply, I would pull all of your credit reports to make sure that everything is reporting correctly.  Also, I would wait to do any disputes until your BK discharges.  After your BK discharges and you've made sure that everything is reporting correctly, your score should go up from where it's at now.  Before you apply for a Capital One card, check to see if you're pre-qualified for any of their cards.  If you are, go ahead and apply.  If it says that you're not, don't worry.  It said that I wasn't either.  You could also start with a secured credit card (one with a low AF).  I think that a secured card would be better than Credit One or First Premier (just my opinion, though).  Once you've had Capital One for a little while (maybe 6 months or so), I would recommend Barclays, Walmart, and Target.  Good luck! Smiley Happy  

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.