Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaffirmed Mortgage & Reassumed Car Lease - Reporting Question

tag
JaseT
Established Contributor

Reaffirmed Mortgage & Reassumed Car Lease - Reporting Question

I reaffirmed my mortgage and reassumed my car lease in my Ch7. I continued to make payments on both through my now discharged BK, and I have never been late on either account. Of course, both show Closed, $0 due, and IIB, but they have continued reporting payments monthly.

My question is should these accounts show as OPEN now that I'm discharged? Also, does FICO use these accounts to factor scores as if they were open if they show closed yet are still updating monthly as 'ok' for payment?

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
GatorsFan84
Contributor

Re: Reaffirmed Mortgage & Reassumed Car Lease - Reporting Question

I'm actually surprised they are still reporting.  I know WFDS doesn't continue to report even after you've reaffirmed the loan.  That's why after my discharged I immediately traded in my car and applied for new loan that would report and help rebuild credit.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reaffirmed Mortgage & Reassumed Car Lease - Reporting Question

Many people here on the board say that reaffirmed accounts do not report.  I reaffirmed my car and it started to report again a few weeks after discharge.  I guess it depends on who the creditor is.  I called my creditor when I was discharged and they said it would start reporting in 3-4 weeks.  You may want to ask.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.