Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I file?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I file?

Was in rebuilding process then covid came and made things hard score was in middle 600s now is 4 something because I got late on some cards

Boa closed my oldest credit card $2000

Self lender closed my card $600

Self lender is threatening to close my credit builder acct also I can pay it but what's the point if I'm debating a bankruptcy?

Also late on 2 capital one cards, made arrangements to pay, haven't done so yet

Should I file for bankruptcy or just try to keep the cards I have left and pay everything off?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I file?

How much total debt do you have?

Message 2 of 4
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Was in rebuilding process then covid came and made things hard score was in middle 600s now is 4 something because I got late on some cards

Self lender is threatening to close my credit builder acct also I can pay it but what's the point if I'm debating a bankruptcy?

Should I file for bankruptcy or just try to keep the cards I have left and pay everything off?

If you can give us an ideal of your debt and expenses compared to your income we can probably give you some reasonably good advice.

Chapter 13:

• Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank (now Bank of Southern California)
  • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
  • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
  • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
  • Last Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
  • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
  • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 3 of 4
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You have only mentioned $2600 in debt.   You can only file once every 7 years.    Unless your total dischargable debt is at least 6 months of your gross earnings and more like one year of your gross earnings, don't do it.    It's better to let the cards charge off and then later settle them for 33 cents on the dollar.     List your debts and creditors and your gross monthly or annual income.    I sure wouldn't file over a lender threatening to close a secured share secure loan.   I mean that is just a nothing.   You might owe them $100 in interest when all is said and done.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.