Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird credit flukes after BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird credit flukes after BK

Hello,

Long time lurker here. I have. 580 credit score with my bankruptcy being closed in Feb of this year. I have two capital one cards, fingerht and credit one. Also paying on a car loan.
My question today is has anyone experienced weird issues applying for credit after BK with Comenity? I burned a bunch of cards with them granted but every time I go to apply I never get a hp and I never get a denial or approval. I call and it’s like I never applied. Am I just outright blacklisted? I desperately want my VS cards back and have been trying for 3 months apping with them and nothing happens. Any insight on this?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Weird credit flukes after BK

Welcome to the forums!

I burned several cards with them as well, and was approved for jcrew (never had them before even pre-bk) 4 months post DC. But all my other cards I wanted (and were IIB), I couldn't get back until I was 1.5 yrs post bk, then the flood gates opened and I was able to get them all back,

Sounds like your BL if they aren't even pulling credit. I think you'll have better chances if your scores are 600+.

When was the last time you tried? If you are wanting to try again, I would wait till Black Friday or shortly after when shopping gets into full swing. If denied again at that point, Id wait 6 months before you reapply. Thats what happened to me. That was a few years back though..but still holds true.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Weird credit flukes after BK

Eesh that is disappointing. I read about people burning them for tons and getting back in within months of discharge
I would be the unlucky one.
I apped again today and that’s when it started turning in my head that I had done this before. I checked my email filtering out VS and there is was a “thank you for applying to VS your application was received and you will receive a response in 2 weeks” one for August September and October. I never received anything.
Thanks for the response.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.