Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Happens Next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Happens Next?

Just received my Chapter 7 discharge this week and wanted to know what happens next? Will my score increase/decrease or remain the same? If any change takes placce about how long will it be? Will it increase/decrease significantly? Thanks!  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: What Happens Next?

Just because you received a discharge has no bearing on your score.  What matters is that how your credit reports are showing.  Are all the accounts you included showing as IIB?  Zero balance?  Is your BK even showing on your reports?  That will impact your score more than just going from non-discharged to discharged.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 5
nykos5000
Regular Contributor

Go through your credit reports for all three bereaus and verify that all accounts are IIB and $0 balance. If so then follow this plan to start the rebuild process 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-...

BK7 08/2016 | DC 12/2016

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand simply being discharged doesn't mean anything. My question is for someone who can answer and provide some valuable feedback,. Just to be clear- AFTER my bk is discharged and all reports are showing correctly, does the score increase/decrease or remain the same without me applying for anything. Serious replies only Smiley Wink 

Message 4 of 5
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I understand simply being discharged doesn't mean anything. My question is for someone who can answer and provide some valuable feedback,. Just to be clear- AFTER my bk is discharged and all reports are showing correctly, does the score increase/decrease or remain the same without me applying for anything. Serious replies only Smiley Wink 

That's a hard question to answer. It is so dependant on the persons file and what they had before the BK. Seems like most see a minimal increase while some see a decrease.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.