Cap one plat $2k
Discover $1500
Ollo $1500
Merrick $700
VS $250
per loan at my credit union $1k
Second per loan $1k
Wrangler financed with cap one.

My utilization is 27% and both loans are almost paid off.
I plan on hitting cap one again for another card once the six month period passes in two weeks, but I'm still looking to add one or two more.
I doubt that I'll get approved with barclays, so any suggestions?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What card should I go for next?

Assuming you started over with nothing, I would say you have done very well.  It is hard to recommend a card without knowing what your interests are.  I think you would be limited for now going ahead.  You are less than 1 year post discharge and you've opened 9 new accounts in the last 10 months.  I think what you need is time.  I know it isn't what you want to hear but you asked for suggestions.

Message 2 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Honestly, growing your current cards is what you need to do. 10 months post DC won't get you much and with your current scores. You have plenty to rebuild with for now, and looks good.
Message 3 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Agree with the others. You have enough now to start to grow your scores. More is not better. All the inq's you got have to age now. And its time to show your current and future creditors you can establish a good credit portfolio. The garden is you best bet now. One thing I do see. You can try to combine your Plat to your QS. You'll have a higher CL and the Plat gives no rewards. My advice. Stop apping now. No more for at least 1 year or more. Let the 9 inq's age off after 1 year from your reports. Then you may get bigger and better things then. See ya in the garden.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. What I decided to do was upgrade my plat to a QS, and my QS1 to a venture1.
How do I combine the two cards into one?
Message 5 of 8
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

To be honest with you, I wouldn’t apply for any new credit cards at this type. You currently have an excellent assortment of cards. I would let them continue to age perfectly.  Once your score hits 650, I would look at Barclays Apple Visa if that interests you.  

To combine yur Capital One cards, that option is available online.

Guyatthebeach. 

Message 6 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks guys. What I decided to do was upgrade my plat to a QS, and my QS1 to a venture1.
How do I combine the two cards into one?

You didnt post about a QS1.

Cap one QS $4k
Cap one plat $2k

Thats why I posted to try and combine so you could have a QS with a 6k CL. You were lucky. QS1's are hard to do anything with. Here you go.

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crap. I just noticed that I forgot the 1. Sorry for the confusion guys.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.