Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debt settlements?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: debt settlements?

It is good you want to do the right thing for yourself and your loved one.        To figure out if it is viable to pay these debts off without sinking you, how much are you paying in interest every month to service these loans and how much is the principal being paid down?  Do you have spare income to pay down these debts or are you just trading water? Do you expect your income to increase in the future? WIll your loved one help you retire these debts?  Can the expensive loans like the Auto be refinanced to a lower interest rate?   You need to really break these things down, before anyone can really tell you what is definanatly best for your unique situation.

Message 11 of 29
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Try PROSPER, LENDINGCLUB, PAYOFF

Also try some credit unions
NFCU since your eligible thru her active duty will prob approve with a high limit... then you can balance transfer

Message 12 of 29
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

What are your scores? Have you been paying late? any settlements already?

What is the interest on the auto loans? Payments?
Have you tried refinancing?

More info...

Message 13 of 29
Superk88
Regular Contributor

I'm gonna sit down here today and get all my interest rates. The truck I know is 4.9% the bikes are 5ish% i know. I just found out this morning vw credit who bike #2 is listed through just showed delinquent by 30 days. I have done spoke with them and arranged for payment next month but my fico score just dropped from in the 600s to 520.

Family cant help. In fact the nexcredit loan was to help my sister get out of a divorce and terrible relationship.

Only brightside is me and my fiance know we wont ge getting a house for a few years. I just have to get prepared. Sorry for the short info I'm actually on mobile. I will reply with full account interest and my budget I have for myself. Thank you all for your input so far.
Message 14 of 29
Superk88
Regular Contributor

ruck $23,000 = 4.9%

Bike #1 $5,000 =5.25%

Bike #2 11,500 = 8% this is the one for sale, but also the one i just got behind on. They just reported it.

Loans

Mainone = $7,500 = 27%

Netcredit = $6,800 =32%

Capitolone = $1800 = 29.9%

Avadian = $1800 =299%

Verizon = $105

Internet/tv = $130..

After pay all my bills I am left with $1069 for the month...once the bike sells that frees up another $454.

Message 15 of 29
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

What are the lenders on the Bike2

Are you maxed out? What are your limits?

Have you tried lending club? soft pull

Did you join NFCU?

Message 16 of 29
Superk88
Regular Contributor

What are the lenders on the Bike2

Vw Credit

Are you maxed out? What are your limits? Maxed out...no wiggle room

Have you tried lending club? soft pull

no luck

Did you join NFCU?

I have not.

Message 17 of 29
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Any Lates? (besides the recent 30 day) Pay it so it reports positive...

join NFCU Today and see if they will approve for credit card

Message 18 of 29
Superk88
Regular Contributor

No other late payments so far. The one 30 day i can't pay untill 11/9 and they already have it hitting my credit report.

Message 19 of 29
Superk88
Regular Contributor

I'm currently emailing and trying to talk to one at NFCU

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.