Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

random alert from Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

random alert from Amex

I have been in Chapter13 since September 2018 and it's gone smooth so far. Today I got an alert that on my Transunion report that American Express is reporting bankruptcy. I had 2 Amex cards that I included in my Chap 13 and part of my monthly payment to the trustee has been distributed to them. This is the exact remark that showed up "The account provider reports that when you filed for bankruptcy you listed this account as one of the ones you could not pay." Anyone has an idea what this could be about and is it anything I need to worry about/square away?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: random alert from Amex

Welcome @Anonymous 

No clue. But call your lawyer and let them know. Might be something fishy there and just maybe AMEX isn't playing by the rules.

Message 2 of 4
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

Amex did the same to me! they were included in my BK13 When i filled 2 years ago and 3 weeks ago i get a alert letting me know Amex reported a new BK!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My lawyer's office basically said thats weird but it's nothing to worry about.  Thinking about contacting amex or Transunion.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.